You Asked For It – Part 6
- How can I, as a wife, continue to lift up my husband and let him be the husband when we live in a society that forcefully pushes for a radical form of feminism and women to step into the role of the head of household?
We live in a culture that is increasingly trying to emasculate men and masculate women and reverse roles.
Go against the grain. Keep giving him the respect he needs to maintain who he is and lead your household well.
- What does the Bible say about marriage, premarital sex and cohabitation before marriage?
Galatians 5:19 NKJV Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
Ephesians 5:3 NKJV But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints;
1 Corinthians 6:15-20 NLT (15) Don’t you realize that your bodies are actually parts of Christ? Should a man take his body, which is part of Christ, and join it to a prostitute? Never! (16) And don’t you realize that if a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her? For the Scriptures say, “The two are united into one.” (17) But the person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him. (18) Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. (19) Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, (20) for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
- In Revelation 8:1 why was it silent in heaven for half an hour when the 7th seal was opened.
Revelation 8:1 NKJV When He opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
- In the Scriptures, we see a pattern of Heaven being silent before there is a great event by the hand of God.
- Noah (the preacher) and his family went into the ark and God shut them in. After seven days, it began to rain. Judgment came after seven days of no more preaching and there was silence.
- At Jericho, the children of Israel marched around the city six times for six days in utter silence before the seventh day when they were instructed to shout. The walls then fell and the city was taken.
- There was 400 years of silence by Heaven on earth prior to the birth of Jesus.
- The seventh seal is when great judgment will be poured out on the earth from Heaven.
- Very often in our own lives, there will be silence from Heaven as God prepares to do something great in our lives.
- What is the hierarchy of the heavenly beings? The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit, and the Angels. If the Holy Spirit is to guide us, what are the duties of the angels?
- Theology proper– The study of the character of God
- Angelology– The study of angels
- Biblical theology– The study of the bible
- Christology– The study of Christ
- Ecclesiology– The study of the church
- Eschatology– The study of the end times
- Hamartiology– The study of sin
- Pneumatology– The study of the Holy Spirit
- Soteriology– The study of salvation
- Theological anthropology– The study of the nature of humanity.
- The mention of angels is inclusive in Scripture. In the NASB translation these celestial beings are referred to 196 times, 103 times in the Old Testament and 93 times in the New Testament.
- Further, these many references are scattered throughout the Bible being found in at least 34 books from the very earliest books (whether Job or Genesis) to the last book of the Bible (Revelation).
- There are Archangels such as Michael, Gabriel and Lucifer (now fallen) they seem to be the highest order.
- The Cherubim are assigned to be protectors of God’s glory, presence, and holiness.
- Seraphim are around the throne and can have many faces (man, ox, lion, eagle) and have six wings as described in Ezekiel.
- There are those that called “elect angels” who chose not to rebel against God.
- There are the “living creatures” often associated with holiness as those that surround the throne of God and declare Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord.
- There are the “watchers” that are assigned to the people of God and the church.
- I know that the scripture says that the saints are praying for us. What are they praying?
Revelation 8:4 NKJV And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angel’s hand.
1 Corinthians 1:2 NKJV To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
Ephesians 1:1 NKJV Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus:
The Bible does not say that the saints are praying for us as some believe. The Bible does say that Jesus intercedes for us as our High Priest.
Romans 8:34 NKJV Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
Hebrews 7:25 NKJV Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
- Why do people have a fixation on the sins of addiction, such as drugs, alcohol, or sex, but not on gluttony or the addiction of food?
All of us are addicts to one degree or another.
An addiction is that thing that we do but we don’t want to do but we can’t stop doing.
Idolatry – anything in our lives that we have allowed to have a place of importance on the throne of our hearts above God.
- Whatever is on the throne of your heart you worship.
- Whatever you worship, you serve.
- Whatever you serve, you become a slave to it.
- What does the Bible say about taking care of the body, such as eating healthy, exercise, etc.?
1 Corinthians 6:20 NLT for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
- What does the Bible say about women in ministry or being pastors?
1 Corinthians 14:34-35 NKJV 34 Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. 35 And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.
1 Corinthians 14:34-35 MSG 34 Wives must not disrupt worship, talking when they should be listening, 35 asking questions that could more appropriately be asked of their husbands at home. God’s Book of the law guides our manners and customs here. Wives have no license to use the time of worship for unwarranted speaking.
1 Timothy 2:11-14 NKJV Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. 12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.
1 Timothy 2:11-12 MSG I don’t let women take over and tell the men what to do. 12 They should study to be quiet and obedient along with everyone else.
- In Ephesians 2:6, it says, “…He raised us up and seated us together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.” What does it mean (… seated us together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus) by this since we are still on earth.
Ephesians 2:6 AMP And He raised us up together with Him and made us sit down together [giving us joint seating with Him] in the heavenly sphere [by virtue of our being] in Christ Jesus (the Messiah, the Anointed One).