Hebrews 2:1 AMP …we ought to pay much closer attention than ever to the truths that we have heard, lest in any way we drift past [them] and slip away.
What is faith?
Hebrews 11:1 AMP NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].
Genesis 12:1-3 NKJV Now the LORD had said to Abram: “Get out of your country, From your family And from your father’s house, To a land that I will show you. (2) I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. (3) I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
- Hope is a positive expectation of something happening in the future.
- God always builds our hopes before we begin to operate in faith.
- Hope is the ability to imagine what is going to happen.
- Hope is the blueprint. Faith is the construction crew.
How does faith work?
- Faith works in the invisible arena where God lives.
- Faith connects me to that which I believe.
- You will not be able to stay strong in faith if you continue to look at the natural negatives.
Romans 4:18-20 NKJV who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, “SO SHALL YOUR DESCENDANTS BE.” (19) And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb. (20) He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God,
- Abraham DID NOT CONSIDER his body.
- Abraham grew stronger in his faith as he gave glory to God.
Romans 4:21 NKJV and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.
- You and I have the responsibility to convince ourselves to believe what God has already said.
Hebrews 6:12 NKJV …that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
- Patience is defined as “steady perseverance”.
John 20:7 NKJV …and the handkerchief that had been around His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but folded together in a place by itself.
- People of faith should never be surprised when God answers their prayer because we believe that it is already done.
- When you operate in faith every day becomes a day of rejoicing and excitement and not surprise.