Proverbs 18:20-21 ERV Your words can be as satisfying as fruit, as pleasing as the food that fills your stomach. (21) The tongue can speak words that bring life or death. Those who love to talk must be ready to accept what it brings.
- Praise is an act of faith. It is an act of reverence.
- Kenneth Copeland – “When you pray, you lay hold of things, but when you praise, you win battles.”
- Praising God takes us to the other side of the opposition.
- The exit road out of your problems is paved with praise and worship.
- Anything that is missing can be put back through your praise.
- You can praise and worship your way into wholeness.
John 4:23-24 NKJV But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. (24) God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
Under the Old Covenant, people could worship God only in the natural based on a physical location and environment.
In the New Covenant, we worship God in the spirit, not limited to natural circumstances. We are the temple of the Holy Spirit!
John 4:23 TPT (23-24) From here on, worshiping the Father will not be a matter of the right place but with the right heart. For God is a Spirit, and he longs to have sincere worshipers who worship and adore him in the realm of the Spirit and in truth.”
Why is God looking for worshipers who worship in spirit and truth?
“In spirit and in truth” in this verse means with a sincere mind, with sincerity of heart, not merely with external rites. It means to worship without distraction and giving your full attention to what you are doing.
- It’s not enough to just take on the posture of worship but we must engage our hearts and give our full attention to the Lord.
Matthew 15:7-9 TPT Frauds and hypocrites! Isaiah described you perfectly when he said: (8) These people honor me only with their words, for their hearts are so very distant from me. (9) They pretend to worship me, but their worship is nothing more than the empty traditions of men.”
Psalms 111:1 NKJV Praise the LORD! I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, In the assembly of the upright and in the congregation.
The Psalmist says, “I will…” It is an act of your will.
- When you are “all in”, you get full of what you are “all in”.
- Worshipping God gets our attention off the mountain and over on God, the Mountain Mover!
You change your dialog from your mind and your problems to your heart and your Heavenly Father.
There is nothing more tiring than trying to figure out what you cannot figure out.
Learn to return to the Place where your help comes from like the man who was healed of leprosy did in Luke 17. You stay out of the mental arena (Satan’s playground) when you begin to worship and connect with the faith that is in your heart.
John 4:24 NKJV God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
- To worship God in truth means that we worship Him based on the Word of God.
Take the Word to worship with us!
- The part of the Word that we worship with and for, is the part that will work for us.
- Worship God in truth and not based on facts.
Don’t let facts determine your flow of praise and worship to the Father.
Let truth determine your flow of praise and worship.
Worship God in the truth of God’s Word and not what the circumstances are telling you.
It may be a fact that you have sickness and pain in your body but the truth is that He is your Healer and that truth can change the facts.
- We don’t worship Him only because of what He can do. We worship Him because of Who He is.
- Worship Him because He is your Salvation.
- Worship Him because He is your Healer.
- Worship Him because He is your Provider.
- Worship Him because He is your Protector, etc.
- Worship God for what He has done in your life!
Psalms 77:11-20 NKJV I will remember the works of the LORD; Surely I will remember Your wonders of old. (12) I will also meditate on all Your work, And talk of Your deeds. (13) Your way, O God, is in the sanctuary; Who is so great a God as our God? (14) You are the God who does wonders; You have declared Your strength among the peoples. (15) You have with Your arm redeemed Your people, The sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah (16) The waters saw You, O God; The waters saw You, they were afraid; The depths also trembled. (17) The clouds poured out water; The skies sent out a sound; Your arrows also flashed about. (18) The voice of Your thunder was in the whirlwind; The lightnings lit up the world; The earth trembled and shook. (19) Your way was in the sea, Your path in the great waters, And Your footsteps were not known. (20) You led Your people like a flock By the hand of Moses and Aaron.
Psalms 143:4-5 NKJV Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed within me; My heart within me is distressed. (5) I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Your works; I muse on the work of Your hands.
- When we worship God for what He has done, He will do more of it.
What we rehearse, God repeats!
- When we are continually praising Him, we are setting up our future to be full of what we are praising Him for.
Worshipping God plays a role in receiving your miracle.
- There is NOTHING you cannot praise your way out of, nor is there anything you cannot praise your way into.