Acts 10:38 NKJV how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.
Two Ways You Can Receive Your Healing
The Healing Stream of Prayer
- You can pray the prayer of faith to receive healing for yourself, or someone can pray the prayer of faith for you.
Mark 11:24 (NKJV) Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
James 5:14-16 NKJV Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. (15) And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. (16) Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
There are three things that we can note from this scripture:
- James asks the question, “Is there any sick among you?” implying that it could be that there would not be any sick people in the group, and everyone was walking in healing by faith.
- It proves that healing is for everyone. James said “anyone” meaning that it was available to whosoever would receive it.
- Then we see that it is the prayer of faith that will save the sick. The Greek word for “save” is the word “sozo” and can be translated “deliverance from sickness, to heal or restore health.”
- You can also pray the prayer of agreement found in Matthew 18:19.
Matthew 18:19 NKJV “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.
The Healing Stream of the Anointing
- Another method of receiving healing is being ministered to with a tangible anointing.
Acts 10:38 AMPC How God anointed and consecrated Jesus of Nazareth with the [Holy] Spirit and with strength and ability and power; how He went about doing good and, in particular, curing all who were harassed and oppressed by [the power of] the devil, for God was with Him.
There are many methods in the Scripture of ministering healing, but the most prominent one seems to be the laying on of hands. It was a point of contact through which the healing anointing could be transferred. The Bible also mentions that people touched Jesus’ clothes, or that He spit upon someone, and they were healed.
Mark 5:30 NLT Jesus realized at once that healing power had gone out from Him, so He turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched My robe?”
What was the power that went out of Him? It was the healing power of God. It was the power with which He was anointed.
- This stream of receiving healing is available today when the anointing is present.
There is something that you need to understand about this stream of healing and that is there is a role you play as a receiver. When healing is ministered by a tangible anointing, the power of God is present to heal, but the person has a part to play too.
- It’s the person’s faith that gives action to the healing power of God that is transmitted to him, say by the laying on of hands.
We use our faith to give action to the power of God.
Mark 5:34 NKJV And He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction.”
It was her faith that received from that anointing that was present on Jesus to heal.
1 Corinthians 12:7-11 (NKJV) But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:  for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,  to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,  to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.  But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.
The Gifts or Manifestations of the Spirit are wonderful and should be in operation in and through the Church, but you cannot always guarantee that God is going to move spectacularly through the Gifts.
- God moves in the Gifts of the Spirit as He wills.
Therefore, we do not always know when God will move in this way.
Why wait to receive something that has already been purchased for you and given to you by the Lord?
- We must always remember that when the Gifts of the Spirit are not in operation, people can always be healed through faith in God’s Word.
1 Peter 2:24 NKJV who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness–by whose stripes you were healed.
If you were healed, then you are healed right now! We just need to learn to receive by faith what is already ours.
- Healing is not a promise of something to come; it is a fact of our Redemption in Christ!
That is why we must teach and preach the Word of God so that faith can arise in people’s hearts to receive.
Romans 10:17 NKJV So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- We may not know when God will move this way, but we do know that God’s Word ALWAYS works!
Psalms 107:20 NKJV He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions.
Not discounting the Gifts of the Spirit, healings and miracles can occur simply by teaching people the Word of God and by getting them to exercise their own faith for healing.
Whether I am anointed or not, God’s Word is always anointed. God’s Word is always the same whether I feel the anointing or not.
Here is the key: Base your faith on God’s Word and not on the anointing!
You can be healed in an environment where the healing anointing is not present.
- You can receive your healing by faith because there is a healing anointing in God’s Word.
Just in the same manner, you activate the healing anointing that is contained in the Word of God through your faith.
The healing anointing and faith in God’s Word both yield the same results – Healing!