How to Have a Glorious 2017
2 Corinthians 3:14-18 NKJV (14) But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. (15) But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. (16) Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. (17) Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. (18) But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
- Am I living in a glorious stage, or am I stuck in an ugly, messy stage of my life?
- Have I done all the Lord has told me to do right now?
- Have I really completed the assignment as God instructed me to do?
- Have I made my financial situation glorious or am I living in financial shambles?
- Have I done everything I can to make this present stage of my life a bright and a shining example to others or is this a part of my life of which I am embarrassed?
The Greek word for “unveiled” is anakalupto which means to unveil, uncover, or disclose. It also doesn’t mean in a one-time occasion but it remains open forever.
The Greek word for “transformed” is metamorpho. It literally means to transform one’s appearance.
Mark 9:2-3 NKJV Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John, and led them up on a high mountain apart by themselves; and He was transfigured before them. (3) His clothes became shining, exceedingly white, like snow, such as no launderer on earth can whiten them.
Romans 12:2 NKJV And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
2 Corinthians 3:18 MSG All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so, we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him.
- Turn to Jesus.
2 Corinthians 3:16 NKJV (16) Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to show you the areas of your life that are not glorious.
2 Corinthians 3:17 NLT For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
- Make some decisions and take some steps.
Here is a simple guide to setting some steps for change in your life:
- S – Specific
- M – Measurable
- A – Attainable
- R – Realistic
- T – Timely