To go the notes in YouVersion – Live click HERE:
Our hope for you:
Today at Dream Team 401 our hope is to provide you with clear “next steps” to move onto a team and into your purpose.
The church has never been a place where the Gospel is looked at. The church is a place where the Gospel is lived out.
The Dream Team is how we live out the Gospel.
God has never planned on the church being a body of consumers. He planned for it to be a body of servants.
Mark 10:42-45 NLT
(42) So Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them.
(43) But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant,
(44) and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else.
(45) For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give His life as a ransom for many.”
All of us were created by God to make a difference in the life of another person.
God has a place for you where your unique abilities and passions can touch the lives of others.
Our highest level of fulfillment and satisfaction comes as we serve other people and make a difference in their lives.
Don’t just come to church – become the church.
There is a difference between cheering from the stands and being on the field, getting sweaty and playing the game to win.
Philippians 2:3-4 NIV
(3) Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,
(4) not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
As a member of the Dream Team, we all are called to…
- Connect with new people.
- Build relationships with my team.
- Empower each other.
- Celebrate the wins.
Luke 15:10 NIV
(10) In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
Some myths of serving in church:
- The church really doesn’t need my help.
- I don’t have time to serve.
- I’m not really good at anything.
- I have to be “perfect” to be “qualified” to serve.
- I have to be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- My commitment to serve on a team is a life-long commitment.
- I don’t need to serve – I gave already in the offering.
Based on your Spiritual Gifts Discovery, these tips might help you find some direction in where to serve:
- If you are extroverted, you need to be on a team that you are directly in front of people.
- If you are introverted, you might to be on a team that are more “behind the scenes”.
- If you are a craftsman, you might be well suited for our production team, building team, etc.
- If you have a compassionate/pastoral gift, then maybe you should serve in our prayer ministry.
Just start somewhere!
Ephesians 4:16 NLT
(16) He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.
When we all do our part individually, it causes the entire body to grow and be healthy and full of love.
Dream Team Leaders:
- Children’s Ministry – Shirley Hutchison
- Host/Greeter Team – Lou Sutton
- Worship Team – Jamal McGee
- Usher Team – Reggie Carson
- Creative Productions – Jamal McGee / Brad Mullins
- Pastoral Care Team – Kathi Cota
- Marriage Ministry Team – Reggie & Ronda Carson
- Women’s Ministry Team – Lou Sutton
- Men’s Ministry Team – Reggie Carson