(Matthew 9:27-30 NKJV) When Jesus departed from there, two blind men followed Him, crying out and saying, “Son of David, have mercy on us!” (28) And when He had come into the house, the blind men came to Him. And Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to Him, “Yes, Lord.” (29) Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith let it be to you.” (30) And their eyes were opened…
(Matthew 9:28-29 MSG) When Jesus got home, the blind men went in with him. Jesus said to them, “Do you really believe I can do this?” They said, “Why, yes, Master!” (29) He touched their eyes and said, “Become what you believe.”
Most people, even non-believers do not doubt in the power or the ability of God.
God CAN do it!
Jeremiah 10:12 NKJV He has made the earth by His power, He has established the world by His wisdom, And has stretched out the heavens at His discretion.
Numbers 11:23 GW The LORD asked Moses, “Is there a limit to the LORD’S power? Now you will see whether or not my words come true.”
- Scholars have stated that there were approximately 3,000,000 Hebrew people.
- To feed them manna every day required 4,500 tons of manna every morning. To feed them manna over 40 years required 65,700,000 tons of manna.
- If every person ate one quail per day it would take 3,000,000 quail per day or 90,000,000 quail per month.
- To provide water for all of the people would have required 15,000,000 gallons of water every day, which He caused to come out of a rock that followed them everywhere.
- This is the same God that caused the sun and the moon to stand still for Joshua in Joshua 10.
- This is the same God that caused the clothes and sandals of the Children of Israel to not wear out in forty years – Deuteronomy 29:5.
- This is the same God that caused a stone in David’s sling to stun a giant and enable David to kill the giant by taking off his head – 1 Samuel 17:51.
- This is the same God that kept Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the fiery furnace in Daniel 3.
- This is the same God that stopped the mouths of lions in Daniel 6.
- This is the same God that opened blind eyes, caused the deaf to hear, the mute to speak, the dead brought back to life, every type of sickness and disease to be healed, caused missing body parts to be restored, cast out demons, fed the multitudes, calmed storms and seas, all in the ministry of Jesus.
- Most importantly, this is the same God that raised Jesus Who had paid the price for all humanity on a cross, Who was dead and buried, and experiencing the torments of hell from the dead and seated Him at His right hand forever more.
Ephesians 3:20 NKJV Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
I would have to say that the greatest hindrance to people receiving from God what they are praying for is not due to a lack of belief in His power or ability. It is really due to not being sure what is the will of God in their situation.
God WILL Do it!
Smith Wigglesworth said, “Faith begins where the will of God is known.”
Romans 4:19-21 NIV Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead–since he was about a hundred years old–and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. (20) Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, (21) being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.
How do I become like Abraham where I am fully persuaded?
- Believe that God’s Word is true.
John 17:17 NKJV Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
Psalms 33:4 NIV For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.
Titus 1:1-2 NKJV Paul, a bondservant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God’s elect and the acknowledgment of the truth which accords with godliness, (2) in hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began,
- Believe that everything Jesus purchased on the Cross is already yours.
Romans 10:9 NKJV that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Saved: (Greek sozo) To save, deliver, make whole, preserve safe from danger, loss, destruction.
- Spend time thinking about what God says about your situation.
Joshua 1:8 NKJV This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
You are going to have give the Word some chair time.
Build a vision of your life being lived out with the experience of what God’s Word says.
- Fill your mouth with the Word of God about your situation.
Joshua 1:8 BBE Let this book of the law be ever on your lips and in your thoughts day and night…
- The struggle of our faith is not necessarily in does He want to do it, but more specifically does He want to do it for me.
Mark 1:40-42 NLT A man with leprosy came and knelt in front of Jesus, begging to be healed. “If You are willing, You can heal me and make me clean,” he said. (41) Moved with compassion, Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” He said. “Be healed!” (42) Instantly the leprosy disappeared, and the man was healed.
Ephesians 2:8 CEV You were saved by faith in God, who treats us much better than we deserve. This is God’s gift to you, and not anything you have done on your own.