James 3:1-4 NKJV
(1) My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment.
(2) For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.
(3) Indeed, we put bits in horses’ mouths that they may obey us, and we turn their whole body.
(4) Look also at ships: although they are so large and are driven by fierce winds, they are turned by a very small rudder wherever the pilot desires.
We can change the course of our lives simply by changing what we are saying and begin to speak what God says about us.
Faith always begins where the will of God is known.
Confession unto Faith:
Romans 10:17 NKJV
(17) So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
You will believe what you hear yourself say. Faith is built in you by the words that you speak.
While you are building your faith does not mean that your words are not having any effect. They are working in you.
Philemon 1:6 KJV
(6) That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
Paul is letting you know that it is essential for you to possess:
- a knowledge of exactly who you are in Jesus Christ.
- a knowledge of what Jesus has purchased in your redemption.
- a knowledge of every good thing that God has placed in you by Jesus Christ.
To make these truths real in your life, you have to put the key in the ignition switch.
- The key is the Word of God.
- The ignition is your mouth.
- The key is turned in the ignition when you open your mouth and start to speak the truth.
- The good things in you are activated the moment you start confessing the truth.
The way to make these blessings real in your life is to:
1) thoroughly know them through diligent study;
2) put these truths into your heart; and
3) speak them out loud!
That is how you turn the key in your ignition and energize these truths until they begin to manifest in you!
So quit talking negatively about yourself, and begin to bring the words of your mouth into agreement with the truths God has deposited in your life.
- God’s Word says you’re healed, so begin to say you’re healed.
- God’s Word says you have the mind of Christ, so begin to say you have the mind of Christ.
- God’s Word says you’re blessed, so begin to say you’re blessed.
You turn the key in the ignition by getting your mouth in agreement with God’s Word. And as you start speaking what God says about you, all your potential will start becoming a manifested reality!
Confession of Faith:
Mark 11:12-14 NKJV
(12) Now the next day, when they had come out from Bethany, He was hungry.
(13) And seeing from afar a fig tree having leaves, He went to see if perhaps He would find something on it. When He came to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs.
(14) In response Jesus said to it, “Let no one eat fruit from you ever again.” And His disciples heard it.
Mark 11:19-24 NKJV
(19) When evening had come, He went out of the city.
(20) Now in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
(21) And Peter, remembering, said to Him, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree which You cursed has withered away.”
(22) So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God.
(23) For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
(24) Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
Did you notice that Jesus said in verse 23, if a person confesses something “and shall not doubt in his heart” – in other words, if he believes the words he is speaking with his mouth – he will have exactly what he says. The word “doubt” is from the Greek word diakrinomai, which means to hesitate, to waver, to doubt, or to differ.
In context, Jesus is saying that when a person’s heart doesn’t differ from what his mouth is saying, the combination of his heart and mouth in agreement will always make things happen!
James 1:5-8 NKJV
(5) If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
(6) But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
(7) For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
(8) he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
I call this concept “the heart-mouth connection.”
- For instance, if you believe in your heart that Jesus purchased your salvation, and you put your heartfelt faith together with the confession of your mouth, you can literally receive that salvation and make it an eternal fact.
For instance, if you believe in your heart that Jesus purchased your healing, and you put your heartfelt faith together with the confession of your mouth, you can literally bring that healing into manifestation in your physical body.
God’s creative power is released when the heart and mouth get into agreement!
That is why you must be careful about what you believe in your heart and say with your mouth, because when your heart and mouth get “in sync” with each other, it literally makes things come to pass!
- Notice that Jesus did not pray about the mountain – He did not ask God to remove the mountain for Him. There is nothing wrong with praying about your mountain, but that is not enough. Speak to your mountain.
- Jesus said that we could speak to the mountain in OUR lives, but we don’t have the right to speak to the mountains in the lives of others (except those we have authority over or have their permission – that’s where prayer comes in).
- Notice that Jesus’ words went to work at the root of the situation and the effect was not immediately visible to the natural eye. The change started at the root (invisible) and then worked its way outward (visible).
Why does this work?
John 17:17 NKJV
(17) Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
God’s truth is the highest truth.
Psalms 138:2 NKJV
(2) I will worship toward Your holy temple, And praise Your name For Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.
God’s Word is the very foundation of His integrity and holiness.
Romans 1:22-25 NLT
(22) Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools.
(23) And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles.
(24) So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies.
(25) They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator Himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen.
God has a problem with this because these people chose to worship something that is below the Creator instead of worshiping Him.
The creation is never greater than the Creator. So the creation is subject to the Creator.
Only that which is part of God, the Creator is permanent. Everything else is subject to change or temporary.
Everything in this visible realm was created by the Word of God and therefore is subject to the Word of God.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18 NKJV
(17) For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
(18) while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Those things that are temporary in our lives, are subject to the Word of God, and that includes us!
Don’t ONLY pray about those dead situations and circumstances, speak to them and command them to come forth.
John 11:41-44 NKJV
(41) Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead man was lying. And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me.
(42) And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me.”
(43) Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!”
(44) And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with graveclothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Loose him, and let him go.”
Ezekiel 37:1-10 NKJV
(1) The hand of the LORD came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones.
(2) Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they were very dry.
(3) And He said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” So I answered, “O Lord GOD, You know.”
(4) Again He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD!
(5) Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.
(6) I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the LORD.” ‘ ”
(7) So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone.
(8) Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them.
(9) Also He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.” ‘ ”
(10) So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.